Numerous Hello Kitty games have been produced since the release of the first title for NES in 1992; however, the majority of these games were never released outside of Japan. Hello Kitty also has made cameo appearances in games featuring other Sanrio characters, such as the Keroppi game, Kero Kero Keroppi no Bōken Nikki: Nemureru Mori no Keroleen. Special edition consoles such as the Hello Kitty Dreamcast, Hello Kitty Game Boy Pocket, and Hello Kitty Crystal Xbox have also been released exclusively in JPartial list of Hello Kitty video games
- Hello Kitty no Hanabatake (1992, NES): a platformer
- Hello Kitty World (1992, Famicom): a Famicom port of Balloon Kid co-developed by Nintendo and Character Soft.
- Hello Kitty's Big Fun Piano (1994, PC): a piano simulation
- Hello Kitty's Cube Frenzy (1998, Game Boy Color): a life simulation/minigame collection
- DDR Hello Kitty (1999, Bemani Pocket): a handheld Hello Kitty game in the Dance Dance Revolution series
- The Hello Kitty Simple 1500 series (PlayStation): a series of specifically low-priced games
- Gotouchi Hello Kitty Sugoroku Monogatari (2003, PlayStation): a sugoroku-based game
- Hello Kitty: Happy Party Pals (2005, Game Boy Advance): an action/adventure game
- Hello Kitty: Roller Rescue (2005, Xbox, GameCube, PlayStation 2): an action/adventure game
- Mainichi Suteki! Hello Kitty no Life Kit (2007, Nintendo DS): a puzzle game
- The Hello Kitty Simple 2000 series (2007, PlayStation 2): a series of specifically low-priced games
- Hello Kitty: Big City Dreams (2008, Nintendo DS): an adventure game published by Empire Interactive developed by Sanrio Digital. In the game, Hello Kitty moves to the Big City where she meets other Sanrio characters and makes new friends.
- Hello Kitty Daily (2008, Nintendo DS): a PDA application featuring a diary, calendar, alarm clock, money managing system and school planner
- Hello Kitty Online (2009, PC): an online MMORPG developed by Sanrio Digital and Typhoon Games. The game allows players to create and customize characters, then use them to battle monsters, socialize with one another, mine for ore, do domestic chores like farming or cooking, and participate in quests.
- Hello Kitty Seasons: A game in which the playable character is appointed as Deputy Mayor to help Sanrio Town.
- Hello Kitty Parachute Paradise (2009, iPhone/iPod Touch): an iPhone game with tilt-based controls
- Apron of Magic (2010, Arcade): An Arcade Card Game developed by Examu to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of Sanrio. The game features Hello Kitty and other notable Sanrio Characters.apan.